My favorite type of food is Mexican. I would say I make it at least once a week, if not more. Not only is it exteremly affordable, but it’s always pretty easy to make! From tacos to enchilladas to fajitas, my husband and I just can’t get enough. I will admit, Mexican food can be unhealthy if you aren’t careful, (especially when it comes to over-using cheese) but this recipe I have for you is actually not bad at all. Here ya go:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 green, red, orange, andyellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1 packet of McCormick’s fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 c. water
- whole wheat flour tortillas
- light sour cream
- fat-free shredded cheese
- Heat 1 T. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Add and heat remaining oil. Add onion, peppers, and corn; cook and stir 3-5 minutes. Return meat to skillet.
- Stir in water and seasoning packet. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon into tortillas. Top with sour cream and cheese (optional).
I usually serve them with a side of brown rice. Enjoy!