Chicken is by far the majority of meat eaten at the Leachman household. I am constantly looking up chicken recipes and trying them out. I’ve found a few keepers, but also a few don’t-ever-even-attempt-this-agains. I think I have finally found my favorite chicken recipe so far and my husband loves it – winner! It’s really simple to make and is super affordable. There are only 5 ingredients. Yes, 5! And you want to know the best part? It’s HEALTHY (well as healthy as you can get when using cheese and butter).
So for all you hopeless chicken romantics out there, here is one you are sure to fall in love with.
- 4 thin organic chicken breasts (that’s all this household buys)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 4 T. light butter, melted
- Pre-heat over to 375
- Combine mustard and butter in a shallow dish
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs in separate shallow dish
- Take each chicken breast and dip into mustard mixture followed by the cheese mixture
- Repeat this with all of the breasts
- Place in shallow baking dish
- Cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes (depending on oven)
See. I told you it was easy. Try it and I bet you’ll agree it’s fantastic. This goes really well with a side of fresh roasted asparagus. I’m hungry just thinking about it.
What’s your favorite chicken recipe?