Everyone loves Friday, right? Unless you only work on the weekends, then maybe you wouldn’t really be a fan of Friday. I get that.
Friday is my favorite day of the week….besides Sunday. I really like Sunday. Jesus is cool.
Fridays are great, because I know I will be off of work for the next two days. Some Fridays are more exciting than others depending on my plans for the weekend. But I also really like Friday, because I can look back and reflect on my previous week. I enjoy reminiscing. It’s fun. So, without further ado, here are the top five highlights from the previous seven days.
5. On Monday, we had a spontaneous date night with some friends of ours. We saw the romantic film, zero dark thirty. Ok, but in all seriousness, it was incredible. I loved it. It was intense and enlightening to know how things (supposedly) went down. I’m glad we saw it. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the men and women in the CIA and other similar positions who are risking their lives to protect ours. Of course it was insane to watch the SEALs team do work like that. Crazy. Go see it if you haven’t.
4. On Tuesday, I got to Skype with the cutest little girls in the whole world…my two nieces. My sister and her family live about 12 hours from me, so it’s really exciting when I get to see them, even if it’s just on the computer screen. I love those adorable little faces and it makes my week so much better just getting to hear their voices.
3. My husband had an interview for a new job. I’m not at liberty to say much detail at this point, but it is very exciting that he is a finalist for the position. We will know more in a few weeks. Stay tuned for more on this top-secret subject.
2. Last night my husband and I met my parents for dinner at our halfway point (halfway between the cities we each live in). I always love seeing my parents, even if it’s just for dinner. Of course I wish it could have been for a longer amount of time, but I’ll take what I can get.
1. Last Friday-Saturday (it still counts because it wasn’t more than seven days ago!) we had a retreat with the middle school youth group. Sunday we had one for the high schoolers. Both retreats were a lot of fun and great experiences for us and the kids. I really felt that the students were encouraged and challenged by the speakers, worship time and prayer time. It was so amazing to see them grow deeper in their faith. God is so good. This is why we do what we do!!
Looking ahead to this fabulous weekend we have in store, we are going snowboarding and tubing at a resort a few hours from where we live with some of our married college bffs. It’s a couples retreat! Watch out.
Alright, that’s all I got for this weeks edition of ‘the high five’. See ya next time.