Last Friday night was an unusual one. My husband and I got to just relax at home together. It’s rare that we don’t have something going on during the weekends, so it’s definitely a nice treat when we don’t. It’s also really rare when my husband makes an appearance in the kitchen, so I had to take full advantage of this occasion.
On this particular Friday, I was in the mood for pizza, but I didn’t just want your typical tomato sauce, pepperoni pizza. I wanted barbecue chicken pizza. It is my favorite kind of pizza to order at restaurants, but I’ve never tried to make one at home from scratch (ok, the crust wasn’t completely from scratch).
I’m so thankful for nights like those. I’m also thankful I married my best friend, because we have fun doing just about anything…pizza-making included.
Here is the recipe we used to make it:
- 1 pizza crust mix (I use Jiffy)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Make dough according to the instructions on the package (use a floured board to roll out the dough then transfer to pizza baking pan)
- Bake in oven for 3 minutes
- Take crust out and add sauce, toppings, and cheese
- Bake pizza for 15-17 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is fully melted (see picture above) :]
It’s extremely easy and delicious!