I finally decided it was time for a more spring/summer door decoration (about time, eh?) for our front door. I knew I wanted it to be pretty simple and not too girly for my husband’s sake, but what can I say? I am in love with peach right now, so for me, it was a must-have color for this project.
I went with a thinner twine, because I like the look of it and if you must know…it was cheaper.
- 1 wooden letter “L” from Joanne’s ($6)
- 1 roll of twine ($1.50)
- 1 roll of peach ribbon ($1.25)
- 3 flowers from Hobby Lobby ($1)
- First, I wrapper the letter with the twine by hot gluing it at the top and then wrapping it all the way to the bottom, where I glued it again
- Then I glued and wrapped the ribbon at each end to add more color
- Next, I cut the flowers off of their stems as high as a I could and glued them down one at a time and added some of the greenery (technically yellowery) that came with the flowers to the center of them
- Lastly, I glued the peach ribbon to the back of the letter at the top to create a cute way to hang the letter
Easy and under $10!