It’s a bittersweet feeling…moving.
I hate to leave the town we’ve called home for the past few years, but I know great opportunity awaits us in a bigger city. My husband was offered and accepted a position in Louisville, KY. We will be moving in less than three weeks. That is not a lot of time to say our goodbyes! I’m excited for this new chapter in our lives, but I am nervous due to the fact that I have to look for a new job now and that’s not a fun task.
Top ten things I will miss about our current town:
- Our friends. We have some really awesome friends – some from college, church, and other involvement – but we love them all and are very blessed to call them friends.
- Our church. We have an amazing church family and are really involved there. I know we will find one in Louisville we love, but it will be hard to leave this one.
- Youth group. My husband and I help lead the high school youth group at our church. We are going to miss doing it and the kids very, very much. They are a true blessing to us.
- My job. I have the greatest co-workers and job a girl could ask for. I was so fortunate to get this job right out of college and it has provided great experiences, friendships, and memories.
- Our college. We both graduated from WKU and we love going to sporting events (football and basketball, especially) and other activities at the university. We will miss being so close, but will cheer on our Tops from afar.
- The community. BG is the perfect sized town to settle down and start a family. It’s not too big, but not too small. It just didn’t have the opportunity my husband wanted. It is a great community, though and we will miss it.
- Our apartment. It’s small and we know that, but we loved our cozy place and our landlords. We also had a park across the street that had tennis quarts, baseball fields, and basketball courts. It doesn’t get much better than that, folks.
- Location. We are less than an hour from Nashville, TN, which is a really fun town that we love to visit regularly. We will miss being so close to it.
- Gasper River. There’s an awesome river not too far from our apartment that my husband and I love to kayak down. It even has some white water. It’s so relaxing and such beautiful scenery. We will probably come visit just so we can do that run on occasion. I know he will miss it a bunch.
- Knowing my way around. Although this one isn’t specific to this city, it is one of the biggest ones I will miss. I am terrible with directions; I suck at learning where things are and how to get around. So it’s been nice to know those things after living here for almost 6 years. Now I have to start all over.
I am; however, looking forward to an apartment complex that only allows renters to have cats as pets. No dogs allowed. That sounds mean. Don’t get me wrong; I love dogs. I want to have one when we have a house. Yeah…a house. I’m not putting down those that have a dog in an apartment, because some dogs don’t bark, but for the love of Pete people, if it yaps 24/7 that’s just not fair to your neighbors. And by neighbors I mean practically living in the same home, because the walls are paper-thin. In the two years my husband and I have lived in our apartment, we have had 3 different people live under us. All three have been single girls with yippidy yappidy dogs. Thank goodness for peace and quiet when a girl’s trying to get some sleep.
A little bigger place, means we need a few more things, so stay tuned for posts on projects we will be working on over the next few weeks. Can’t wait to share!
All in all, we are very excited for this new chapter in our lives, but we know it will be hard to leave this place.
Thank you BG, for all the great memories you have given us!